Tuesday, January 11, 2011

AddThis Social Bookmark Button
Some people think that Seth Rogen is making his crime-fighting debut this week in The Green Hornet. Those people are mistaken.

Yes, Rogen’s adaptation of the classic pulp character is fighting its way into theaters this weekend, but his turn as Britt Reid is hardly the first time that he’s played a gun-toting hero. Rogen already covered that territory as pothead process server Dale Denton in 2008′s Pineapple Express, and based on comments from Rogen’s screenwriting partner and pal Evan Goldberg, he could be headed back into the wacky world of weed-infused misadventures before much longer.

Speaking with Screen Rant, Goldberg revealed:

“I’m even hesitant to make Pineapple 2, but I’m loosening up to it as of like the last few weeks. Recently we were at Danny Mcbride’s wedding, and we were all there, well David couldn’t make it (David Gordon Green, the director of Pineapple Express); but me, (James) Franco, Seth and Danny were all there and I thought; ‘this is fun, I have fun with these guys.’ … Everyone has always wanted to do it, me and Seth were very hesitant, but frankly I was the driving force behind that hesitancy. I just kept thinking, you know not to say we’re the Coen Brothers, because we’re super not – they’re my idols in a lot of ways – but those guys never make a sequel. Like, great, great films don’t have sequels. … hopefully, there will be a sequel.”

Read more here and follow us on Twitter!

No comments: